COVID-19 > STAGE 3 – Return to Bowls Guidelines
Thanks for being patient as we navigate through the release of easing of restrictions (Stage 3) from the Victorian Government.
Following the planned easing of restrictions from the Victorian Government and discussions with Sport & Recreation Victoria, VicSport and Bowls Australia, the below information from Bowls Victoria lists significant steps forward for our sport returning to play in a full capacity (pending further announcements from the Victorian State Government).
Bowls Clubs and Bowls Regions are encouraged to apply for a short-term survival package from the Victorian State Government as part of helping our sport reboot, rebound and recover from COVID-19.
The following advice is for our Bowls Victoria Clubs and members as of Monday June 22. Until the Victorian Government releases a further update (estimated to be in mid-July), these measures are for the foreseeable future, to keep Victorian Bowlers safe.
- Clubs can accommodate up to 32 people on an outdoor green at any one time.
- Clubs with an indoor green can accommodate up to 20 people only.
- Clubs can have up to 8 players on a rink, but if 8 players are on a rink, rinks must be spaced 1.5m apart.
- Spectators around an outdoor green at all matches are limited to 20 people per green (spectators are numbers in addition to those playing) and should be scattered around the perimeter at least 1.5m apart.
- Club houses with licensed venues can operate for 50 people as per the Premier’s advice from June 14.
- Club houses (non-licensed) can re-open as per the Premier’s advice for up to 20 people.
- Changerooms and showers can open for up to 20 people.
- Club Championship Games (and other competitions) are permitted.
- Clubs must have all appropriate signage at the club to advise members on the requirements of play in Stage 3.
- NSW clubs affiliated with Bowls Victoria should also consider and abide by their State Government legislation.
- Clubs must keep a list of who attends the venue/club and keep a record of their phone number and at what day/time they arrived at the club to assist with contact tracing if required.
- Corporate and Barefoot Bowls is permitted for up to 32 people per green, but clubs must keep a record of each visitors’ phone number and what day/time they arrived and departed at the club to assist with contact tracing if required. Bowls Victoria recommends that these types of programs are held off until the middle of July when the next lifting of restrictions are predicted.
- Bowlers must practice social distancing (1.5m apart) always.
- Up to 8 People per rink is permitted.
- Rinks should be positioned a minimum of 1.5 metres apart.
General Around the Green Hygiene:
- Please refrain from shaking hands, high-fives or any contact with others and keep 1.5m apart.
- Please refrain from handling other people’s bowls.
- Mats and jacks should be handled by a minimal amount of people.
- Please keep your hands clean by having sanitiser readily available at the club.
- Wash your hands before and after play.
- Wear clean uniform.
- If you are feeling unwell then you should not attend the club under any circumstances.
- Members in a high-risk category should strongly consider whether they should or should not be playing as per their own circumstances and/or medical advice.
- If a member is sick or comes into contact with someone that may have tested positive to COVID-19, the club must let Bowls Victoria know immediately.