Return to Play Guidelines
Our club will be closed from Thursday 6th August until further notice. However, the Club Greens will be available for roll-ups to enable club members to exercise. Unfortunately, due to the new restrictions the clubhouse facilities will be closed.
Roll-ups are restricted to 2 persons per rink and maximum of 10 persons per Green
Bowls Victoria Return to Play Guidelines Apply to the Wodonga Bowling Club.
STAGE 3 – REGIONAL CLUBS
UPDATE: Tuesday 4th August, 2020.
Bowls Victoria acknowledges the Victorian Premier’s recent announcements regarding increased COVID-19 restrictions, including a move to Stage 4 for Metro Melbourne, and Stage 3 for Regional Victoria (including Mitchell Shire).
We know that this news is hard to take, but it is for the best interests of everyone in our community that we all play our part so that we can soon get back to some sort of normal, and the game we all love.
The following new directions commence at 11.59pm on Wednesday 5th August.
Excerpt from State Government Summary of Restrictions – Move to Stage 3:
- Outdoor sport: only allowed to exercise, or activities such as fishing, golf, boating, tennis, surfing with one other person or household members, provided 1.5 metre distance can be maintained.
- Outdoor sporting facilities: closed, except for facilities where public gathering and physical distancing limits can be adhered to and there is no use of shared equipment or communal facilities (e.g. tennis courts, golf courses).
Revised Stage 3 Guidelines Summary for Clubs:
Although no written confirmation has been received, until further notice Bowls Victoria interprets the current Stage 3 restrictions, and the above two points, to include Bowls. Therefore the following revised Stage 3 Guidelines apply.
- Clubs must receive approval from their local council to open their Club (only if they are Council owned).
- Members must contact their local club as to when they are open.
- Indoor bowls facilities must remain closed, noting covered greens with open sides are not classified as indoors.
Outdoor bowls is limited to a maximum of 2 people per rink, with a patron cap of 10 per green.
- 1.5 metres must be the minimum distance maintained between each rink.
- Shared equipment (jacks & mats) must not be shared and only handled by one person, and must be cleaned and disinfected before and after use.
- Club houses must be closed (with the exception of toilet facilities).
- Outdoor toilet facilities can be used.
- Official training or club competitions cannot be held.
- Clubs must update all signage at the club to advise members on the new requirements. Click here to download revised Club signage.
General around-the-green hygiene:
- Refrain from shaking hands, high-fives or any contact with others, and keep 1.5 metres apart.Refrain from handling other people’s bowls.
- Mats and jacks should be handled by one person only.
- Please keep your hands clean by having sanitiser readily available at the club.
- Wash your hands before and after play.
- Wear a clean uniform.
- If you are feeling unwell then you should not attend the club under any circumstances.
- Members in a high-risk category should strongly consider whether they should or should not be playing as per their own circumstances and/or medical advice.
- If a member is sick or comes into contact with someone that may have tested positive to COVID-19, the club must let Bowls Victoria know immediately.
Under the new restrictions, greenkeepers can continue to carry out their work. The guidelines state, ‘essential maintenance for safety and upkeep of public and recreational spaces, such as parks, gardens, golf courses’ is permitted, with a COVID-Safe plan.
Bowls Victoria encourages clubs to do enough to keep greens in condition, without keeping them at their usual standard during the season. For clubs with a paid greenkeeper, please carefully consider their contract(s) and/or employment law for guidance.